This is more disturbing because the reason public policy has not changed is because of Koch-funded political contributions have blocked public policies that could have reduced the risk of profound climate disaster, like Hurricane Sandy.
Republicans wrecked the economy by converting 27 million undocumented Mexicans into "illegal aliens" in 2005 because they "look Muslim", which collapsed the housing market and automotive industry when millions of police unconstitutionally stole and auctioned immigrant vehicles, causing 16 million to flee. People are still debating whether to deport the remaining 11 million.
Click links for references.
The actual science on the topic is overwhelming:
- Global drought
- Arctic ice will be gone in 20 years
- Exceptional Australian heat wave
- Northwest passage open for first time in 20,000 years
- 2012 record year for Greenland ice melting
- 2012 record arctic ocean sea ice melt
- US Drought Prediction Center
- Ongoing assessemnt of Russian heat wave
- ... sea level has been rising about 1 to 2 millimeters per year due to the reduction in volume of ice caps, ice fields, and mountain glaciers in addition to the thermal expansion of ocean water ...
- Greenland has enough ice to raise sea level 20 feet
- Antarctica has enough ice to raise sea level 200 feet
- Sea level rise, subsidence, and wetland loss (video)
- The Earth’s climate has warmed about 1°C (1.8°F) during the last 100 years.
- U.S. Climate Extremes Index (interactive)
- Sea level has risen 7 inches over the last 100 years
Most of the Arctic ice that maintains climate over North America and Europe is gone and the rest will be gone in 1 generation.
Climate conditions of the Sonora Desert has expanded over the center of the United States as Arctic ice melted.
Sea level rise is accelerating.
Desertification is accelerating.