Romney plans to win by claiming: "I will cut taxes", "I will cut the deficit", "I will not print money", and "I will not borrow from China". Changes a little. Mostly the same for republicans during the last 100 years.
If you don't print it, tax it, or borrow it, then you have to rub a magic lamp. Money has to come from somewhere.
Maybe some voters are smart, so republicans need a backup story.
- Department of Defense: the cold war and Iraq are over, but Romney wants more DoD spending.
- Cut Department of Education cuts but illiterate prison populations and youth unemployment exploded after Republicans used "No Child Left Behind" to gut education. That didn't work out so well.
- Force retired people back to work after Bush squandered the social security fund bombing Muslims? Bad idea.
- Cut DEA after over $1 trillion made the problem worse? Romney would be excommunicated. Bad idea.
Oops. Can't tell voters about any spending cuts.
Tax loop holds for the wealthy!
Everyone knows the wealthiest people own great big houses.
Eliminating the home mortgage interest deduction to increase tax revenue by hundreds $billion$ AND make home ownership totally unaffordable by outlawing the American Dream.
French Revolution territory. Nope.
The only thing left is higher taxes for people and companies making over $250,000 per year. Drat! The republican base.
Everyone else is too poor to pay back the money we borrowed from China to bomb Iraq and Afghanistan back into the stone age.
Romney and Ryan can't explain their economic plan because "it's complicated".
It's not complicated.
It's a lie.
Lies become obvious as you add details.
That's why "it's complicated".
What about the historical record?
- . President . . . . . . Change
- Hoover (R) . . . . . 2.5% Avg. Per Year (lied)
- Roosevelt (D) . . . -0.9% Avg. Per Year (better)
- Truman (D) . . . . -0.15% Avg. Per Year (better)
- Eisenhower (R) . 0.3% Avg. Per Year (lied)
- Kennedy (D) . . . . 0.0% Avg. Per Year (no change)
- Johnson (D) . . . .-0.4% Avg. Per Year (better)
- Nixon (R) . . . . . . 0.3% Avg. Per Year (lied)
- Ford (R) . . . . . . . 0.9% Avg. Per Year (lied)
- Carter (D) . . . . . -0.15% Avg. Per Year (better)
- Regan (R) . . . . . -0.2% Avg. Per Year (better)
- Bush I (R) . . . . . . 0.5% Avg. Per Year (lied)
- Clinton (D) . . . . -0.4% Avg. Per Year (better)
- Bush II (R) . . . . . 0.2% Avg. Per Year (lied)
- Obama (D) . . . - 0.1% Avg. Per Year (better)
The only republican that didn't wreck things is Reagan.
Not so fast.
- Reagan created voodoo economic that eliminates taxes normally used to pay for government programs because money is magically free for things like wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- He won the election by running advertizements condemning Jimmy Carter for being racist while simultaneously exploiting racist urban legends about welfare queens and job stealing Mexicans.
- Reagan committed treason by putting military in charge of civilian air traffic control after firing PATCO members when they went out on strike to protest the use of obsolete Word War II radar at US airports that were causing aircraft crashes (violated Posse Comatatus).
- He paid $3 billion to Au Qaeda and the Taliban to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan, but most of that money was used to bomb embassies and build Madrases that Muslim clerics use to condemn the US as they educate more children (Charlie Wilson's War).
- Reagan won the election by criticizing Jimmy Carter for the Iran Hostage Crisis while secretly promising to get the hostages free by giving weapons of mass destruction to Iran (which he delivered).
- Reagan fixed the unemployment problem by expanding the Cold War and hiring millions of new civil service workers and creating an immigrant amnesty program.
- He blew a massive hole in the federal budget that caused him to raise taxes AND simultaneously plunder the Social Security Trust Fund for the first time since the 1930s.
Reagan should have been impeached.