Schedule 1 assignment is unconstitutional.
Cannabis kills cancer and prevents blindness.
The US government suppressed this research for over 30 years to protect unconstitutional laws.
The mid 1980s cancer-killing discovery was the first legitimate research.
Animal studies are relatively useless because of specialized primate adaptations.
There are two types of receptors. One causes temporary psychoactive effects (time distortion, attentiveness, euphoria, pain suppression). The other shuts down the immune system (anti-emetic and anti-inflammatory).
- Controls autoimmune and increases infection risk
- Clinical endocannabinoid deficiency diseases
- Endocannabinoid deficiency in depression
The addictive effect of cannabis is linked to taste, food, and exercise. Natural endocannabinoids are produced by the body during endurance exercise. Endocannabinoids also cause euphoria and satisfaction that reduce hunger when we eat fatty foods.
- Endocannabinoids and exercise
- Endocannabinoids ... Make Fatty Food Irresistible
- Endocannabinoids: some like it fat (and sweet too)
- Endocanabinoid system abnormalities in obesity
Cannabis stimulates the body to produce a more intense version of the same effect as food and exercise.
- mood disorders
- anxiety disorders
- movement disorders (Parkinson’s, Huntington’s, spastic colon, ...)
- neuropathic pain
- multiple sclerosis
- spinal cord injury
- myocardial infarction
- metabolic syndrome
If you are the average person, then your body does not produce adequate endocannabinoids for optimal health.
- United States veterans gain access to medical marijuana
- Clinical modulation of pain
- Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency: cannabis in migraine, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome and treatment-resistant conditions
- Deletion of CB2 cannabinoid receptor induces schizophrenia-related behaviors in mice.
- Inhibition of cannabinoid receptors associated with ketamine model of schizophrenia
Endocannabinoid defects are implicated with no less than 5 autoimmune diseases. About 10% of the population has an autoimmune disease, and this rate is climbing rapidly. Over half the population is effected by endocannabinoid health issues when digestive disease, cancer, circulatory disease, and chronic pain are included.
- Cannabinoids as anti-inflammatory drugs
- Role of the endocannabinoid system in cardiovascular disease
- Direct suppression of autoimmune inflammation via cannabinoid
- Endocannabinoids in the immune system and cancer
- Clinical endocannabinoid deficiency and migraine, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome
- Cannabinoids - $3.6 billion increased workplace efficiency from reduced bowel disease
Intoxication is temporary. Unlike alcohol, it remains in the body for months but tolerance develops within hours. Excess cannabis residual is not an intoxicant for continuous users. Those who use regularly tend to perform on par with non-users until they stop. In other words, intoxication ceases when the body achieves equalibrium.
This is very different from alcohol intoxication.
In plane language - continuous users are impaired when NOT using.
Reaction time performance for teenage users appears to be the only reproducible scientific finding that involves lasting negative influence. Cannabis users that start before age 16 may have reaction time deficits lasting into adulthood. This does not occur in adult users.
Cannabis may need to be age restricted like alcohol and tobacco.
Cannabis abuse may be selfish immature behavior or it may be a metabolic disorder.
- The endocannabinoid system in brain reward process
- Peripheral endocannabinoid disregulation in obesity
Psychological research has not established a cause-effect relationship between cannabis and psychological illness. Psychological effects, like psychosis and schizophrenia, are doubtful as cannabis reduces central nervous system degeneration associated with neurological diseases like Multiple Sclerosis and Alzheimer's. Movies, like Reefer Madness, provide false propaganda that casts doubt on research that lacks an actual cause and effect mechanism. Recent research indicates cannabis medication may improve these illnesses.
Research indicates the most likely link between mental illness and cannabis is multiple genetic issues, such as food sensitivities and endocannabinoid defects combined with other environmental factors, such as insecticide exposue.
- Gluten connection: association between celiac disease and schizophrenia
- Occupational poisonings with psychiatric manefestations
- ... evidence ... suggesting CB1 receptor dysfunction in schizophrenia warrants further investigation ...
- Deletion of cannabinoid receptor induces schizophrenia in mice
Risks associated with cannabis use clearly indicate that it can make undiagnosed disease worse.
- Cannabis Arteritis and Buerger's disease
- Cannabis Dependence and Psychosis
- Endocannabinoids involved in major depression
- Of Rats and Schizophrenia
Most cannabis medication evaporates when the dry plant is toasted at 392F/200C. Hot air can be used to evaporate the medication for inhalation. Frying and broiling can accidently release medication into the air. The active ingredients dissolve in oil and alcohol for use in cooking. Oral consumption delays effects up to an hour. Smoking produces carcinogens and destroys most of the medication.
Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol, and cannabinol evaporate under 392F/200C and combustion begins at 446F/230C. Combustion produces carcinogens. Cannabichromene and tetrahydrocannabivarin require combustion or oral consumption.
- Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic
- Cannabidiol: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic
- Cannabinol: Oxidation/breakdown product, Sedative, Antibiotic
- Cannabichromene: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal
- Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic
- Tetrahydrocannabivarin: Analgesic, Euphoriant
These are absorbed by body fat and released slowly over a span of weeks or months.
This is continued in How Cannabis Saved The World - Decline of the Free World.